Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Are you f*cking serious?

Dear Auto Insurance Company,

You have had my business for 6 years. After today, I do not see us making it to our 7th anniversary.

You advertise Instant Response Vehicles. You lie.

Instant does NOT fucking equal 4-5 DAYS after I make a claim. I could see a few hours, maybe even a day. But 4-5? Are you fucking kidding me?

I have NO CAR TO DRIVE. Which part of this in our 15 phone calls do you not understand? And to tell me - well, just drive to the rental place and pick up a rental car MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE. If I could DRIVE there, why the hell would I even need a rental car??

Yes, I realize that I could just tell the shop to make the repairs, but then by the time you "instant response" adjustor got his ass down here, there would be nothing for him to adjust. And since I pay you such a nice lovely sum of money each month, I really can't afford to repair this on my own.

Sincerely,

The Bitch You Have Pissed Off For The Last Time

P.S. - please tell that idiot supervisor that if I had a family member or friend to borrow a car from, I would have already done so. It's right up there with his suggestion to drive the 46 miles to the nearest car rental place. Maybe you should consider giving IQ tests to future employees, especially if you're going to give them the title of Supervisor. Just a thought.

P.P.S. - I'll make sure and tell my next insurance company to send you a thank you card for sending me their way!


(to everyone in Blog Land - yes, the car that is cursed has struck again. Or I should say that little Mr. Rabbit caused more problems than I could have imagined!)

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you're having trouble! If I lived close to you, I would come and get you, take you out for a margarita (then coffee to get sober), and then take you to the car rental place. We would have a grand time!

    It reminds me of an incident I had with U-Haul one time. They SUCK too!!!

    Good luck getting new insurance. Make sure to get it before you cancel the other one so you don't have a gap in coverage. 'Cause I guarantee you will get stopped that day! Okay, now I sound like your parent giving insurance advice. You can just call me Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already talked to new insurance company. Their coverage will start Dec 1. Old Ins will be cancelled Dec 2.

    As to a margarita - sounds great! May have to go have one (or ten) of those anyway! At least that way I wouldn't remember what the insurance company is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auto insurance is almost as big a scam as health insurance. Yeah, we need them both, but they are still a scam...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you talked to someone at the National level? We use progressive and the only time I was involved in a wreck since having their insurance one of those IRV's was there within an hour. I have seen at three of their IRV SUV's here in my town driving around. Maybe your IRV is up here? Of course it dont no 4-5 days to get from here to there.

    ReplyDelete