Friday, November 5, 2010

I sleep in an icebox

Seriously, y'all, I really do sleep in an icebox.

I have no other way to describe the temperature Husband keeps the bedroom. Well, maybe I do. Y'all know how when some one says "When hell freezes over"? Yeah, well, our bedroom is colder than that.

I completely understand not being able to sleep in a hot, stuffy room. But really, Husband, do we have to be able to see our breath in the morning?

Let me give you an example, just so y'all will believe me when I say "freezing".

We were living in a two story house that had central heat. Our bedroom was upstairs, and while admit that yes, it did get warmer than the downstairs, it would have been easy to just turn down the heater, or shut the vents.

Hell no, Husband ran the effing AIR CONDITIONER in our bedroom window. Seriously. In the middle of efing December. When it was -10 degrees F outside. The air conditioner.

It gets worse.

One morning I woke up, and I swear to you, I could see my breath, and my nose couldn't even run cuz all the snot was frozen.

Why is that?

Because it had effing SNOWED during the night, (and was still snowing), and it was all coming in through the effing A/C. Seriously.

There was at least 6 inches of snow on the floor in front of the window. And it wasn't melting. Why? Because the damn A/C was ON. Not only on, but on HIGH.

THAT is what Husband considers acceptable sleeping temperature.

I, however, feel that if that was acceptable, I would be living in Alaska. I'm not. I live in Texas. Where it's relatively warm. I like it that way.

(Yes, dear, I know you're going to read this, and yes, I know you will use the excuse "But we cuddled a lot that winter." And you're right, we did - BECAUSE YOU HAD THE EFFING A/C ON IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER!! It's ok, I still love you. You're just not allowed near the A/C this winter. Agreed?)

No comments:

Post a Comment