I really should be writing an end of the year post - and maybe I will tomorrow. But to be honest, I doubt it. It's more likely that I'll get sidetracked and not do it. (Hey, at least I'm honest!) Anyway, here's just a bunch of random little things that will most likely in no way relate to one another!
- I change my haircolor more often than most people change their underwear. I'm sure a psychologist would have a heyday with this, and give me all sorts of mumbo jumbo about how if I change my look I feel I can change my life or some such. Not true. I just get bored easy. (Maybe I could do a post for "2010 in My Hair Review"??)
- I have no problem with hundreds of strangers reading my blog, but for some reason I get nervous when Husband reads it. Maybe it is some deep seated psych thing where I don't think it will be good enough for him. Or that he'll find out how seriously fucked up I am. Who knows...
- I hate looking in the mirror. There's always a new wrinkle, or a stray hair somewhere it shouldn't be. In my head, I'm still stuck around the age of 25, but the mirror tells me that my head is wrong. Way wrong.
- I miss my Dad & Mom. A LOT. Talking on the phone is not the same as face to face. I hate having to come home when I go visit, and I hate them leaving when they come to visit. Funny, 20 years ago, I couldn't wait to be out in the world. Now I just want spend every second with them.
- I'm a hypocrite. I expect my kids to keep their bedrooms clean. Yet my bedroom is a mess. F5 tornadoes probably leave behind less of a mess than what is in my bedroom. Husband hates it. He's a neat freak. Truth be known, I hate it, too. I just can not get up the energy to clean it. I know once I do, then i'll want to rearrange it. I don't have time for it. Seriously.
- I have a hard time trusting women. I have more male friends than women friends. It probably has something to do with all the bitches that stabbed me in the back in High School. You know, the ones that 20 years later find you on facebook & pretend y'all were best friends. Women - you know what I'm talking about. Men - trust me, women don't change. 90% of them are still the exact same fake bitches they were when you were 16. (maybe not to you - but, ask your wife or gf, I'm sure they'll know what I'm talking about)
- I have endometriosis. It's a bitch. It hurts. It fucks with your body and your mind. Don't know what it is? It's when the shit that lines your uterus grows outside it. This shit implants in the abdominal cavity. On the intestines. Hell, it's been found as far up as the lungs and brain. It totally fucks with your hormones. (read: PMS on steroids) There is no cure. Some doctors will tell you to get a hysterectomy, but if asked, they will tell you it's only a treatment. A treatment that lasts 5 years on average. They want to gut me like a fish, take away all that makes me a woman for a "treatment" that lasts FIVE FUCKING YEARS. Thanks, but no thanks.
- I'm pissed at myself right now. I just realized I forgot to buy the 3rd and final Stieg Larsson book. This means I'm stuck rereading an old book or finding something on freebooks for my Pre. (i can't bring myself to buy a digital book. If I'm going to spend money on a book, I want to be able to feel the paper & turn the pages.)
Enough random stuff for now. In case I don't do a year end post - here's to an exciting and happy New Year to all of you!