Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Etiquette Rules

I've decided I'm going to write an etiquette book for people who move into their boyfriend or girlfriend's parents' home. Or at least a long list. Either way, it will probably contain the following:

- You should always treat your significant other with respect. Parents don't like it Mich when you treat their child badly.

- You shall be gainfully employed. If you are not, you will actively look for employment until you are.

- You will not sleep until 1 in the afternoon, or later. The only excuse for this should be if your gainful employment is working a night shift.

- You should always pick up after yourself, and do your own laundry.

- You should not have to be asked or told to help around the house. This should be done from day one.

- When sitting down to dinner, females are served first. If not everyone is seated, you can not serve yourself, and definitely should not begin eating.

- In addition, you should not take it for granted that you can serve yourself twice as much as anyone else at the table, one the first serving. If there is enough for seconds, make sure that no one else would like any before you take it all for yourself.

- You should not stay up til all hours of the night/early morning playing video games or watching TV. Just because you feel you have nothing to do the next morning, others in the home most likely do.

- The bathroom does not suddenly become your personal place to spend half the day. Other people need to get clean, groom, and relieve themselves, too.

- You should not assume that you are entitled to all the privileges and benefits of being a blood member of the family.

- Failure to follow these simple etiquette guidelines may result in your life being significantly shortened.

Well, that's a start.....trust me, I have at least 100 more.....and it seems that daily, I can add at least one more item to my mental list.





Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog! I think that you should write a book dedicated to this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog! I think that you should write a book dedicated to this subject.

    ReplyDelete