Monday, January 7, 2013

I'm not OK with that.....

There's a page on Facebook that thinks it is humorous to refer to a 6 year old girl, and "tapping that". I have a lot of things I would love to say, but right now, I am so outraged I don't know where to start. I did leave a few comments on his page, but I know that deep down it won't make a difference to him, or his admins.

The thing is, in a group of five or six men, if one makes a rape joke, chances are there is a rapist in the group. That is a sad, scary, statistical fact. When the rapist hears that, he doesn't hear it as a joke. He hears it as confirmation that ALL men are rapists, and that what he has done or is going to do, is ok.

Interviews with rapists show over and over, that those who have been caught for rape fully believe that all men do the same things. They just haven't been caught, yet. 
So, what does a page that makes fun of "tapping" a 6 year old do? For a man (or woman), who has either considered raping a child, or has raped a child - they just got confirmation that it's perfectly ok. 
You know what, I'm not ok with that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment